Save money! Never miss an issue!
Take a year's subscription.
Subscribe here »
Murder Most Foul
There was something disturbing about 18-year-old John Rusdell, and his aunt and uncle were more than happy when he left their care to join the army. His heroes were notorious killers John George Haigh, Neville Heath and Jack The Ripper and he adopted the accent and speech of American gangsters. Sadly, Rusdell’s fascination didn’t stop at that. For John Rusdell had planned to abduct, murder and cut-up a woman then bury the pieces in his garden. Sadly, in March 1950, he fulfilled part of that plan when Dilys Myfanwy Scott answered a knock at her front door. See this page for a murder shocker from North Wales, a retelling, requested by a reader, of the first story ever published in Murder Most Foul.
Sixty-two years later Darren Jackson climbed through a window of his elderly neighbour’s bungalow in llanllwni, Carmarthenshire, hell-bent on murder after searching websites for “mature women.” “You caused significant injuries to the victim’s face and body and they reveal the heartless violence you meted out to a defenceless grandmother for your own gratification,” the judge told him at Swansea Crown Court. “The humiliation and mental anguish you subjected her to were horrific. They are nothing short of evil depravity.”
Not much happens in Staunton, Virginia. It is probably best known as being the birthplace of President Woodrow Wilson. However, in April 1967 something did happen in Staunton – something that took the town more than 40 years to get over.
“If it’s any consolation to you,” a lawyer told the two condemned men, “You may be the last men to hang in Canada. “Some consolation,” one of them said wryly. Hours later their prison’s blood- splattered death chamber bore witness to a scene of horror, a nightmare kept from the public for many years. The executions were indeed Canada’s last and their cases raised disturbing questions.
* Wrexham Killer Planned To Murder 12 More Women
* “I’d Like To Sleep With Your Mother”
* Murder In Spain:
* Lesbian Rage And The Crime That Took 42 Years To Solve
* Murder By Starvation – The London Killing That Changed The Law
* Strange Case Of The Killer Who Yelped Like A Dog!
* Russian Shocker: “As Though She’d Disappeared Into Thin Air”
* Horror At The Last Executions
* Murder Most Foul’s Guide To Executions In Canada
* Corpses For Sale
* Washing On The Line Means Murder
* Teenager Raped And “Suffocated” On Cheshire Golf Course
* Blasted In The Face By His Girlfriend
* Scottish Victim Dumped In Cesspit
* Rape-Murder Horror In A Welsh Village